Our vision and role
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House is a living museum of social and political history, located in a nationally listed heritage building in Parkes, Canberra.
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House helps people to understand Australia’s social and political history by interpreting the past and present and exploring the future. We achieve this by:
- bringing alive the importance of Parliament in the lives of Australians;
- interpreting, conserving and presenting the building and our collections;
- providing entertaining and educational public programs; and
- providing a range of other services that enhance the visitor experience.
Our structure and strategic plan
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House’s Strategic Plan for 2013-18 identifies our key objectives, priorities and measures of success. It is available for download here, along with our organisation structure:
- Old Parliament House Strategic Plan, 2013-18 (docx, 46 kb)
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House organisation structure (pdf)
The Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and respectful work environment that recognises and values the diversity of all its employees and visitors.
- Read our Workplace Diversity Statement (docx, 46kb)
Agency Multicultural Plan
The current Agency Multicultural Plan that covers Old Parliament House can be found at:
Our Client Service Charter
This Charter sets out the standards of service which visitors to the Museum of Australian Democracy (MoAD) at Old Parliament House can expect. You can download the full Charter in .docx or .pdf format. If you have visited us recently, but did not have the opportunity to provide feedback, you may wish to fill out the visitor feedback section of the Charter or complete it online.
- Old Parliament House Client Service Charter and visitor feedback form (docx, 35kb)
- Old Parliament House Client Service Charter and visitor feedback form (pdf, 172kb)
Have you visited the Museum recently? Tell us what you think by completing the online visitor feedback form.