Celebrate United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child Article 31: the right to play and rest
Activity time: 40 minutes
Have fun making these yummy biscuits, and then decorate them to look like faces. Try making one of each of your family.
- 125g butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup plain flour
- chocolate, to melt
- decorating materials like sprinkles, lollies or fruit.
You can adjust this recipe to suit your dietary needs.
1. Preheat your oven to 190C and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy. Mix in the flour.
3. Roll out your dough and shape them into circles. Use a fork to give them a smiley face.
4. Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once cooked, let them rest until cool.
5. While you’re waiting for the biscuits to cool down, melt your baking chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
6. When everything is ready, dip the top half of the biscuits into melted chocolate. This will give the faces chocolate hair and hats.
7. Finish them off with any additional ingredients you want. Try experimenting with colours and flavours. Your cookies are ready to eat!