Non-Members’ Bar life membership tags
1988 - Parliament House originally had one bar for the use of members of parliament only.
However, this building was buzzing with parliamentary staffers, journalists and service workers. From 1946, a lively bar was provided for these ‘non-members’. So popular was the bar that it became part of the move to Australian Parliament House in 1988. To commemorate the transition, one staff member, Neil Baker, fabricated 250 life membership badges for the old and new incarnations of the bar.